Monday, February 7, 2011

SICK of the SNOW?

Living in Chicago has it's fair share of ups and downs. But, let me tell you, I'm not sure I ever want to see this much snow again! It has been almost a week since the famous, "Blizzard of 2011" and the streets, alley ways, parking lots etc. are STILL not clean. I understand that the city is working hard to get this all back to normal, but I am tired of getting my car stuck just attempting to get it into the garage on my alley way. I just miss the sun. Not to mention I just have a small old shovel; no big, easy snow plow to help out this situation. It is seriously dangerous to walk down the streets and sidewalks just to get to class. I have never wanted spring break to come so fast, just so I can have one week of getting out of Chicago and not see the snow! Will it ever melt?

I do have to say though that the snow days were pretty fun! And actually seeing all the aftermath of 20 some inches of snow. Chicago's world literally come to a stop. In our fast paced world today, this is a hard thought to wrap our heads around, as you can see from my impatience of getting back to speed. But, check out this video of Lake Shore Drive on Wednesday morning of the Blizzard on Lake Shore Drive!

1 comment:

  1. Monday was so sunny and it just made me wish it was summer weather. I want to wear shorts and be able to do stuff outside. I'm tired of being stuck inside all day from the white walls of snow we have.

    ReplyDelete