Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog Prompt #1 for Professor Macek's Class

I read the interview of Megan Reardon, who became famous from her crafts. She started blogging back in 2001 and created her own craft blog "Not Martha" off of Blogger as well.  She states that she is embarrassed to say that she used Blogger because she was lazy and it was simple. However, I think that this is the way to go and there is no need to be embarrassed!

Through her blog, she was able to publish some of her crafts into books as well as a small article in Bust magazine. She seems very nonchalant about this but I find it really intriguing to know that something as simple as Blogger can bring a person to bigger and better things. When I visited her blog, I was immediately drawn to her photos of the food that she was creating. I also love to cook and am constantly looking for new recipes to try.

I guess I am surprised by how easy it is to blog and how much of an influence it can truly have on a person's life. Even though the idea of losing certain mediums, such as books is an intimidating thought, the idea of new mediums such as blogs containing many new and exciting ideas is something I think we can all look forward to. I think it is often human nature to be skeptical of change but I am excited to be able to use the internet as a positive resource. I just hope I don't become as addicted to blogging as I am to Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment