Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hilary's presentation

Last Friday, January 14 I went to watch the first "audition" for the lack of the better term for the Communication Department. They are hiring a new professor for Public Relation questions. I actually really liked her presentation. Hilary, the new possible professor was extremely enthusiastic and entertaining. She was young and was really able to take her information and relate it back to the students with great examples such as Lindsay Lohan and Facebook. I actually thought her age was a positive for a Public Relations professor, which may sound superficial but is very true. I also really like the fact that she was able to weave into formal ways of communication and also informal. This helped to sow that she had the authority in the room but I felt as if she was very approachable. Being approachable to me is a huge topic because I have had many professors where I am intimidated to approach when I need a little more help with something. I really had nothing bad to say about her presentation while watching it and am hoping that she becomes a part of NCC's Communication Department soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment