Sunday, January 16, 2011

Googleholic...

Hellooooo blogosphere. Someone saying that google being addictive really doesn't surprise me. I guess one could say that I am addicted to Facebook. I probably will be checking it as I sit here typing up this blog. In my opinion, Google is not exactly what I would call addictive, but I definitely think it becomes a safe haven or force of habit to automatically Google something you are unsure of. Google is a life-style and no matter where you are and you are looking for something you don't know, people will whip out their phones and just "Google it." I guess for me I can't see Google being THAT dangerous in the sense of what other addictions can do to a person. However, I can see how people would say that Google is too omnipresent because it is a  part of our American Culture. Ten years ago the term "Googling" would have never existed and I don't even get a red squiggly line saying that I miss spelled something when I type the word! Google offers easy access to our answers, almost like that Staples "easy button" commercial. To sum my ideas up, it is evident to all of us that America is very dependent on technology, Facebook and Google are our top visit websites. We are a fast paced country and Google offers us quick access to our answers, videos, pictures and so much more. I sometimes think that people are afraid of change, and America is changing rapidly in many different aspects, including technology like Google. So lets just sit back and enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Good point about the term "Googling" not being flagged as a misspelling by the spell check software. Wonder if we could come up with a list of all the other technology and Web-related neologisms have made it into the popular lexicon over the past few years.

    ReplyDelete