Sunday, January 23, 2011

Da Burrs.

So, I figured, how could I not talk about the Bears/Packers game on game Day? I have to say first off, that I am trying my absolute hardest to get all of my homework accomplished and more before the game so that I can focus on the game (go Bears!)

However, what I really wanted to discuss in this blog was not about who is going to win or what my predictions of what the final score is going to be, but the fact that for the past week, THIS IS ALL I HAVE BEEN HEARING ABOUT. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am learning more and more to like football, partially because I am learning to understand it but I am also excited for it to actually happen because I was honestly getting sick of hearing about it.

The Bears/Packers game has taken over so many aspects of media, it is somewhat insane. Not only am I hearing it being talked about on the news several times a day, but I am seeing it in newspapers, and especially all over Facebook with people's profile pictures of which team they are rooting for. This game is one of the most waited for games in Chicago history and I am excited but I all of the hype for the past week is starting to make me some what bitter toward all of it. I guess I am just trying to point out the fact that sometimes, a news or media overload can alter people's views on a particular story/happening. Sometimes, I get real sick of all of the media stuff.

Oh, here is a picture someone posted as their Facebook profile picture. I think it's pretty self explanatory and quite comical.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you used your new found ability to post images in your blog! Kudos, young blogger. I definitely agree with eeeeverthing you said! Tonight's game was covered in just about every single form of media I can think of. Commercials, newspapers, magazines, radio, internet... I don't really follow football, but I was SO excited for this game today (Yay Packers...just because of all the hype the media created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interesting thing, Kelly, is that here we are a week AFTER the big game and the media is still all a buzz about it. The number of Twitter posts just about Jay Cutler's knee alone is amazing...

    ReplyDelete